PATIENT BILL OF RIGHTS
As a 33 Health Patient, You Have the Right To
- Receive respectful, courteous, and compassionate care regardless of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation or health status.
- Receive information concerning his/her diagnosis, treatment and prognosis that is accurate and easy to understand.
- Be involved in the therapy plan of care regarding treatment interventions and goal creation.
- Receive reasonable communications regarding progress, changes to the plan of care and discharge planning.
- Reasonable continuity of care with minimal interruption.
- Refuse care at any point during care or during a visit and be informed of said consequences.
- Refuse treatment interventions and explore options.
- Receive treatment interventions that are safe and customized to your individual needs.
- Receive a prompt, thorough response to billing inquiries or general concerns regarding quality of care.
- Communication in a language or form which you can understand.
- Authorize a representative to exercise your rights as a consumer of therapy services.
- Respectful treatment of your property and environment.
- Treatment by qualified clinicians who are experienced at the level of skill needed for the care required.
- Privacy of his/her personal and health information as delineated in the Notice of Privacy.